- Our Collection of your Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website or use the Platform;
- when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you;
- when you contact us for help;
- when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
- when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
- Our Use of your Personal Information
VMSL may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business, and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- We may provide your information to affiliated entities within our corporate group, as well as with vendors who perform functions on our behalf; such parties provide hosting and maintenance services, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us;
- Third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- We may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- As required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Jive; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or company policies; to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and
- When you give us consent to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Potential for Other Users to Contact You
To the extent that a given application supports personal messaging functionality between and among end users, you may receive personal messages from other end users. You can disable this functionality by using the unsubscribe and other disabling instructions in the given application.
- Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
VMSL uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between VMSL and other companies to help ensure its security. The Organization has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access.
Web Beacons. VMSL and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to VMSL’s cookie requirements.
Website Links: We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by VMSL may have links leading to our site. VMSL cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. This website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
VMSL identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by VMSL. Unless you consent, or we are required by law, we will only use the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If VMSL will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, VMSL will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- International Transfers of your Personal data
We are a global company. Information collected from you may be stored and processed in Bangladesh, European Economic Area, the United States, Singapore or any other country in which VMSL or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Such countries may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
- Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the customers we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
- Your Access to and Updating of your Personal data
Reasonable access to your personal data may be provided upon request made to VMSL. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, VMSL will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. We may charge a reasonable fee in advance for copying and sending the information requested.
If you would like us to delete any persona Data held about you, we will do so on request unless we need to hold the information as part of the provision of products and services to you.
- Marketing Communications
We offer those who provide personal contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non- transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
- Notice to End Users
Most of our services are intended for use by organizations. Where the services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the accounts and/or service over which it has control. Please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
Administrators may be able to:
- Help you exercise the rights described in Section 12 (if applicable);
- Allow you to reset your account password;
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the services;
- Access information in and about your account;
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- Change your information, lauding profile information associated with your account;
- Allow you or restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
- Children’s Privacy
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us immediately.
- Contacting Us
Whenever VMSL processes Personal Data, VMSL complies with the Principles (as each principle) applicable to VMSL’s role:
- Choice. Whenever VMSL collects Personal Data directly from individuals for marketing purposes, those individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . For Sensitive Personal Information, VMSL will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-Agent third party or for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. VMSL shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information. Agents, technology vendors and contractors of VMSL or affiliated companies may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of VMSL or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for VMSL or as otherwise required by law.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer. Whenever we collect Personal Data directly from individuals, prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt-out) of such disclosure. VMSL shall ensure that any third party to which Personal Data may be disclosed agrees in writing to provide the same level of privacy protection as set forth in this policy. VMSL’s accountability for personal data that it receives in Bangladesh under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, VMSL remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner consistent with the Principles, unless VMSL proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
- Data Security. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. VMSL has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, VMSL cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data on or transmitted via the Internet.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, VMSL shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
- Access. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com to request to access, correct, amend, or delete the personal information VMSL holds about you. In cases where VMSL is a Data Sub-Processor or Processor, individuals must contact the Data Processor or the Data Controller, as applicable.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, VMSL is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the Bangladesh ICT Act. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, VMSL commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us at:
Virtual Market Solution Ltd (VMSL)
House-54/A, Road-132, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
If your privacy protection complaint was not resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Bangladesh ICT ACT 2018
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Policy Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
b. Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of VMSL that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.